An opportunity has arisen for a high calibre Contract Manager to Manage financial and administrative requirements as well as tyre tracking and costs. Please review the minimum requirements, duties and responsibilities below for further information about the position.
• Degree or Diploma in Road Transport or Logistics or a Degree in Management with financial electives • 5-7 years experience in a Logistics and Supply Chain management environment • 1-2 Years for the most complex task (strategic planning focuses on the next year’s activities • Knowledge of Logistics and Supply Chain Management • Knowledge of logistics equipment • Knowledge of fuel management • Knowledge of equipment maintenance management • General knowledge of the operations and configurations of mechanical vehicles
• Knowledge of general expense management/budgeting • Management skills • Sound knowledge of policies and procedures in supply chain and logistics management • Human resources management skills • Knowledge of Company Disciplinary and Grievance procedures • Knowledge of recruitment and disciplinary procedures • Relevant written and verbal contracts/service level agreements • National Bargaining Council Agreements • Microsoft Office skills with advanced Excel
Duties & Responsibilities
Effective management of operational processes and contracts/service • Develop and maintain procedures which relate to day to day operational requirements • Ensure proper routing of deliveries and scheduling of vehicles to achieve delivery targets as per customer requirements. • Vehicle downtime is monitored, controlled and kept to a minimum • Monitor fleet constantly to ensure • vehicle, driver and cargo security • Optimal usage of fuel • No unnecessary route deviation • Ensure adherence to procedures pertaining to • Loading and offloading procedures (as per client requirements) • Safety and security standards • Optimal allocations of vehicles and staff • Timeous vehicle inspection • Identify, implement and maintain site/ depot-specific requirements as per legislation, policy and customer requirements
• Manage and control vehicle hire and maintenance Attend to and manage • Tyre tracking and scraping requirements • Tyre costs, quality. Suppliers agreement • Tyre management system Effective customer relationship management • Undertake effective client relationship management • Including client entertainment when necessary • Audit the quality of service provided through personal interaction with the customer on an ongoing basis and timeous corrective action is taken when required • Monitoring and measuring Management of financial and administration requirements • Monitor and Manage costs • Undertake accurate and timeous forecasting • Screen all suppliers by comparing costs, quality products and BEE
• Authorize and submit cash book payments so that the costs are correctly allocated • Report weekly on projects contract revenue, kilometers and profits • Monitor and reconcile • Daily kilometers travelled • Monitoring fuel • Rectify problematic vehicle or drivers • Report on performance of the contact on a monthly basis • Manage and control all assets that are acquired and disposed of according to the relevant procedure and ensure accurate recording Management of safety, health, environment and quality • Manage housekeeping, safety and quality by ensuring that all housekeeping audits are conducted regularly and that corrective action is taken if required. This includes • Condition of the vehicle • Appearance of drivers • Appearance of offices • Manage accidence and insurance
• Ensure accident report keeping system is maintained • Safety and security orientation • Implement and manage an effective SHEQ system addressing all safety risks Effective management of human resources • Effective Performance management • Develop performance standards • Measure performance accordingly for each position • Conduct Performance Reviews and evaluate performance on a regular basis • Coach and provide feedback on possible areas that can be developed or rectified • Correct performance when required and discuss problem areas and discuss possible actions that can be undertaken • Ensure effective record keeping by maintaining personal files for all subordinates
• Develop a Workplace Skills Plan by assessing the development and training required by subordinates • Undertake purposeful recruitment as per operational requirements in line with Recruitment Procedures • Ensure that planned progress is made in terms of the Employment Equity Plan • Monitor employees remuneration and benefits and compare the monthly staff costs with budgeted allocations • Grievance • Human resources report monthly.
The post Contract Manager Required – Apply Now appeared first on Jobs365.co.za.