Painter Wanted – Apply Now.
PURPOSE: • Perform general painting work within the Business Unit.
QUALIFICATIONS: • Grade 12/Standard 10 (Essential/Minimum) • N2 Relevant Trade Subjects (Essential/Minimum) EXPERIENCE: Relevant job-specific experience 2-3 years Importance: Essential/Minimum Involvement: Operational REQUIREMENTS: • Psychometric Assessment (Essential/Minimum) • Certificate of Fitness (Essential/Minimum)
Duties & Responsibilities
Construction and Routine Work Management • Use correct tools, material and equipment according to the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s) • Paint Road Markings and Buildings (inside/outside) according to the SOP’s • Receive, complete and return job cards • Contribute to cost savings by effective management of materials and resources by adhering to prescribed operational requirements Customer, Stakeholder and Client Relationship Management • Render professional customer support services
• Communicate with clients and direct superior to share information on duties performed Equipment Control and Maintenance • Keep spares and material to required level to avoid delays • Comply with maintenance/repair work procedures • Ensure tools and equipment is kept clean, in good repair and operational for the job • Ensure work is performed in a well-ventilated area Inspection and Control • Inspect all tools, equipment, instruments prior to use • Inspect all vehicles/machines/mechanical equipment to identify defects • Report defects immediately
• Carry out inspection according to a specific schedule to repair identified defects Safe and Healthy Work Environment • Adhere to all health and safety practices and promote good housekeeping on an ongoing basis • Address all unsafe practices, potential hazardous situations and rectify/report to superior • Comply with Safety Health Environment and Community (SHEC) and technical requirements • Wear applicable Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) at all times • Complete Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) on work being performed • Attend safety meetings • Responsible for safekeeping and maintenance of own PPE
• Tools and equipment are inspected daily prior to being used according to SHEC practices and statutory requirements • The work area is cleaned after completion of the task • Appropriate cleaning detergents and material are used as per instruction Technical Support • Sandblast all structures, buildings and safety guards showing signs of corrosion before painting • All sandblasted areas are painted with appropriate undercoat or paint as set out in the SOP • Demarcate area while executing sanding down or painting of structures • All paint work in moveable items is done in allocated paint area • All structures, screens, chutes, buildings and safety guards showing signs of corrosion are sandblasted before being painted
• Area is demarcated and cordoned off while executing the sanding down or painting of structures • Only prescribed paints are used for final coat as set out in the relevant specifications or job card • Ensure cracks are identified and apply filler before sanding it (brick walls, ceiling) • Ensure paint solution is per the required specifications Behavioural Alignment Demonstrates the following: • Creativity, collaboration, sociable and awareness to the ecosystem • Stewardship, accountability, ability to develop trust, safety-conscious and ethical
• Ability to respond quickly to business needs/agility, flexibility, continuous learning, innovation and proven ability to experiment on creative business solutions • Ability to be inclusive, eagerness for multiple skills, embraces multiple cultures, accepts different approaches and be human-centric/empathetic
• Results-oriented, quality-driven, excellence, entrepreneurial abilities, efficient and effective The appointment will be made in accordance with Exxaro’s Employment Equity policy. If you have not been contacted within 28 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The post Painter Wanted – Apply Now appeared first on Jobs365.co.za.