Principal Required – Apply Now: Salary R28 000 a month. **About the Position**
We are looking for a dynamic problem-solver capable of engaging in big-picture strategic thinking as well as detail-oriented implementation to join our team as a full-time Teaching Principal at one of our preschools in the Riversands area. If you believe in our mission and are looking for a rewarding, challenging, flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities to learn, then please get in touch with us!
The successful candidate will take on the following core responsibilities (among other ad hoc contributions):
**General responsibilities: **
– Establishing and maintaining relationships with local authorities such as social workers, Department of Social – – Development representatives, Department of Education, fire and health services inspectors and working together with them to meet their requirements.
– Attend EXCO meetings, submitting progress reports to head office and EXCO.
**Enrolment responsibilities: **
– Enrol children and keep an up-to-date and accurate waiting list.
– Interview prospective parents and have a sound knowledge of the school functions and processes to share with parents.
– Orientate new parents and children.
– Provide direction and supervision to staff in setting objectives in line with Earlybird’s Learning Outcomes
– Provide up-to-date information on curriculum issues.
– Develop and guide teaching team in developing and submitting new activities.
**Financial responsibilities: **
– Work with the Operations Director to:
+Set and submit monthly budgets.
+Control finances within a set budget.
+Prepare and submit monthly reports on income and expenditures.
+Manage petty cash and daily needs.
**Asset and equipment responsibilities: **
– Manage and maintain physical assets of the school by monitoring use and care of the users.
– Manage responsible usage of consumables.
– In association with the Operations Director plan and assess the needs of the school.
– Keep records of usage, breakages, quality and lifespan of assets.
– Submit asset and consumable needs to the Operations Director on a monthly basis.
**Staff and team leadership responsibilities: **
– Aid in recruitment processes.
– Aid in new staff orientation.
– Prepare and submit job descriptions for new staff acquisitions to the Training and School Management Director.
– Implement personnel policies
– Provide a continuing assessment of staff development needs.
– Provide continuous in-service training for staff.
– Encourage team work and involvement by coordinating team building events and activities.
– Meet with team members to resolve conflicts, parent concerns, teaching concerns, classroom concerns, etc.
– Keep staff attendance up to date.
– Work with other teaching principals in developing and implementing systems.
– Minimum of three years’ work experience in an ECD centre.
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Foundation Phase or ECD.
– Possess strong people-management and team-work skills.
– Comfortable taking on a leadership role and the demands that go along with that role.
– Able to see the big picture, adapting to each situation as it arises.
– Service oriented.
– Good at planning and organising.
– Empathetic and sociable.
– Highly diplomatic.
– Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions, as well as effectively implementing solutions.
– Excellent at written and oral communication as well as presentation.
– Passionate about connecting with teachers and students.
– Personable, reliable, organised, motivated by impactful work.
– A creative problem-solver who is undaunted by the inevitable challenges that will crop up as we work to break new ground in South Africa’s under-developed Early Childhood Development sector.
– Available to start 1 August 2021.
If you feel you are the right fit for the position, please fill in our online application form:
Application Deadline: 2021/04/09
Expected Start Date: 2021/08/02
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: R24,000.00 – R28,000.00 per month
Experience: Early Childhood Development Teaching and Training: 3 years (Required)
Education: Bachelors (Required)
Location: Sandton, Gauteng (Required)
Licence: South African Driver’s (Required)