Returns Clerk required – Apply Now.
The main purpose of the role is to administer returns and associated documentation for the site. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the accuracy of returns administration, capturing and reconciliations. The job holder will also be required to ensure productivity and efficiency through hard work and team-work. Make administrative decisions and resolve simple administrative problems within the ambit of responsibility. Implement limited innovations, particularly those that will lower costs.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Returns Administration: – Ensure compliance with established procedures and Company standards to maintain effective control over administrative processes. – Receive returned stock, ensuring an accurate record is maintained of the reason for the return and state of the returned item(s). – Inspect returned product and check that it matches the product listed in returns papers. – Ensure returned products are correctly stored and the transaction is recorded in SAP.
– Assess whether returned products can be repackaged or resold and prepare them for transportation to the new location where required. – Implement the required documentation and categorisation per Group standards. – Maintain timely input to SAP and ensure accurate transaction records. – Manage and address customer queries. 2. Information and Data Management – Accurately and regularly capture data into the information system to enable access to reliable data and reporting for trend analysis and decision making. – Trip reconciliation and driver debriefing. 3. Ad hoc Administration – File and safeguard records within area of responsibility.
– Compile ad hoc spreadsheets and reports. 4. Safety and Security – Comply with applicable company policies including those pertaining, but not limited to health, safety, environment, risk and quality, including HACCP/ISO. – Conduct housekeeping within the working area in accordance with standard operating procedures. 5. Team-work and Self-Management – Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management in terms of planning, prioritising and self- development. – Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of work are consistently and accurately maintained.
– Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not met, the potential risks thereof and provide appropriate resolution. – Support and drive the business core values. – Manage colleagues’ and clients’ expectations and communicate appropriately. – Demonstrate a willingness to help others and “go the extra mile” to meet team targets and objectives. As a Returns Clerk, the job holder is expected to work shifts.
– Matric with mathematics. – 1 years returns administration experience preferable or similar experience. – Relevant SAP experience. – Returns and warehouse administration practices – Warehouse based business processes and practices – Warehouse methodologies and principles – SAP – Verbal and written communication – Computer literacy – Numeracy – Minimum skills for functioning in SAP environment – Attention to detail and deadline-driven.